02 Nov Sports Carnival
Everyone’s a winner at sports carnival
Global Oak Tree Scholars (GOTS) is known for being definitely different … and its first sports carnival lived up to that tag.
Instead of the usual sporting events, GOTS used the carnival for coaches, scholars and parents to bond.
The joy of competing alongside their children was evident on the parents’ faces and to top it all, they each got a medal!
The participants were divided into four teams – Yellow, Green, Blue and Lilac – with scholars paired with their parents and coaches.
They engaged in six games:
* Ping-pong in a spoon: The participants had to balance a ping-pong ball in a spoon, walk down one end, deposit it in a box and collect a token.
* Dress up: The kids and adults had to use a wig, hat, clothes and other garments, and then run to the other end to tag a partner.
* Losing your marbles: Participants had to run, pick up marbles, and then throw them into a cup to earn a token.
* Water relay: Everyone had to run to one end, and scoop up water from a pail with a spoon before pouring it into a jug.
* Cardboard: Walking from one end to the other while using cardboards so their feet did not touch the ground.
* Tug of war: This was for the parents and coaches with the scholars acting as cheerleaders to see which team was the ‘strongest’.
In the end, the Yellow team emerged victorious with 470 points. Next was Lilac (450), followed by Blue (430) and Green (280).
“The idea behind the sports carnival was for the scholars to have fun with their parents and coaches,” said GOTS founder Veronica Shepherdson.
“Looking at all the excited faces, I believe we have achieved our target. Next year will be even better and we might even have a barbecue at the end.”
To learn more about GOTS, visit www.gots.edu.my
#GlobalOakTreeScholas #GOTS #SportsCarnival #VeronicaShepherdson #DefinitelyDifferent